“Learning and Growing Together in Christ”
As a Catholic School, the intellectual, emotional and spiritual development of all our pupils is underpinned by our Christian values and ethos. As a Christian community we believe that Christ is God revealed to us, which gives special meaning to our concept of human life and dignity. It follows from this that our attitudes towards relationships, beliefs and moral values are based firmly on the Gospel values of Christ. The commitment of pupils, parents and school are summarised in the Home-School Agreement which pupils and parents are invited to sign upon entry to the school.
As a Catholic School we aim to be
“A Christian community which recognises the dignity and value of the individual and in which all members are encouraged to develop their potential in terms of knowledge, understanding, spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness”.
This means that we aim:
- to embrace the gospel values of Jesus Christ in our everyday life and work, where all can experience and grow in faith, hope, love, justice, reconciliation and service;
- to provide an experience of a living, worshipping community;
to challenge and support each individual to fulfil their potential as whole human persons, contributing to their spiritual, academic, physical and emotional development;
- to develop individual self-esteem, mutual respect and trust for others, building relationships of the highest quality between pupils, staff, parents and governors;
- to develop a learning community through delivering a broad, balanced, challenging and relevant curriculum, which will prepare for the opportunities and experience of an adult life of service to others;
- to enrich the curriculum by offering opportunities in a wide range of learning experiences and by developing and strengthening links with the wider community;
We ask you to help us in this task, so that together we can provide the best educational opportunities for your son or daughter.
Mrs R Lawrence, Head of Religious Education